Bench Joinery – Intermediate Apprenticeship
This Intermediate Apprenticeship in Bench Joinery offers a practical approach and a solid platform for anyone wishing to start a career as a joiner within the construction industry.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Construction and Trades
- Qualification Apprenticeship
- Study Mode: Full Time Only
- Course Level Level 2
- Location Construction Centre
- Course Length Up to 24 Months
A Bench Joinery Apprentice will build and construct, usually with types of wood. You must have a passion for the industry and enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced environment, as well as have the ability to be an effective member of a team.
- Learning a variety of different building methods
- How to set up and operate a circular saw
- Developing your knowledge of Health and Safety
Producing setting out details for routine bench/architectural joinery products
- Learning the best way to setup and use transportable cutting and shaping machines
- How to manufacture routine joinery products
- Learn how to operate a range of portable power tools safely
You will achieve:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Bench Joinery
- End Point Assessment
- If required: Functional Skills (English, Maths)
Next steps… Some Apprentices go into employment OR progress onto a Level 3 Bench Joinery Apprenticeship.
Example job roles include: Bench Joiner/Carpenter/Joiner/Trim Carpenter/Joister/Cabinet Maker.
- Entry Requirements
Every employer is different and therefore the entry requirements can vary. As a guide you ideally need GCSE grade 3 or above in English and Maths. However, we will work with you and provide additional support in order to help you achieve the functional skills element or GCSE requirements of the Apprenticeship. Support can be delivered either prior to your Apprenticeship via a traineeship or during the delivery of your programme.
- Trade specific classroom
- Fully equipped wood machine shop
- Practical bench and site workshops
- Learning resource centre
- Additional Costs
You will need safety boots, overalls and recommended text books.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email email@example.com.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.
What our students think?
“My Grandad was a carpenter and so from a young age I have always wanted to be a carpenter too. I thought doing an apprenticeship was the best way to get into the trade. If you prefer to be hands on then this course, or any construction course, is perfect, as you are active all... Read more >
I would highly recommend any business to take on an apprentice to benefit future generations. As a former apprentice, I really value the apprenticeship scheme and recognise the importance of offering real life, hands on experiences for new apprentices. I have employed two apprentices who have both been very hard working and dedicated to the... Read more >
You may also like
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: 12 months
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: Up to 36 months
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: 36 months