Bench Joinery – Advanced Apprenticeship
This Advanced Apprenticeship in Bench Joinery offers a practical approach and a solid platform for anyone wishing to further develop their career as a joiner.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Construction and Trades
- Qualification Apprenticeship
- Study Mode: Full Time Only
- Course Level Level 3
- Location Construction Centre
- Course Length Up to 12 months
A Level 3 Bench Joinery Apprentice will further develop their skills as a joiner. You will be offered a more practical approach and a solid platform to allow you to increase your skills with a variety of different materials and techniques.
- Manufacturing complex shaped products
- Learning how to produce and set out details for routine products
- Developing skills in marking out cutting details for routine products and then manufacturing these products
- Correctly setup and use fixed or transportable machinery
- Producing CAD setting out details
- Develop and maintain good working relationships
- Ensure safe working practices
- Learn about BIM modelling
You will achieve:
- NVQ Diploma Level 3 in Bench Joinery – Architectural Joinery
- End Point Assessment
- If required: Functional Skills (English, Maths) Level 2
Next steps… Some Apprentices go straight into employment, working in a construction company, for a subcontractor, or as a self-employed trader.
- Entry Requirements
You must have completed a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Bench Joinery.
Every employer is different and therefore the entry requirements can vary. As a guide you ideally need GCSE grade 4 or above in English and Maths. However, we will work with you and provide additional support in order to help you achieve the functional skills element or GCSE requirements of the Apprenticeship. Support can be delivered either prior to your Apprenticeship via a traineeship or during the delivery of your programme.
- Trade specific classroom
- Fully equipped wood machine shop
- Practical bench and site workshops
- Learning resource centre
- Additional Costs
You will need safety boots, overalls and recommended text books.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.
What our students think?
“My Grandad was a carpenter and so from a young age I have always wanted to be a carpenter too. I thought doing an apprenticeship was the best way to get into the trade. If you prefer to be hands on then this course, or any construction course, is perfect, as you are active all... Read more >
I would highly recommend any business to take on an apprentice to benefit future generations. As a former apprentice, I really value the apprenticeship scheme and recognise the importance of offering real life, hands on experiences for new apprentices. I have employed two apprentices who have both been very hard working and dedicated to the... Read more >
You may also like
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: 12 months
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: 36 months
- Level: Level 4
- Duration: 24 months