Barbering – Intermediate Apprenticeship
Please note – this course is no longer accepting applications for September 2020 start.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss your options or click here to view information about similar courses we offer.
The Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Barbering is designed for learners who work in or wish to pursue a career in barbering.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Hairdressing and Barbering
- Qualification Apprenticeship
- Study Mode: Full Time Only
- Course Level Level 2
- Location Hele Road Centre
- Course Length 18 months
A Barber Apprentice will work to shampoo, condition and cut hair using barbering techniques. You will also learn to cut facial hair into shape and provide shaving services for men. At the same time, you will learn to effectively communicate with your clients, ensuring you achieve their desired result.
- Using shampoo, tonics and conditioning products
- Cutting hair using barbering to create a variety of looks
- Style and finish men’s hair
- How to design and create a full beard, partial beard and moustache
- Prepare the hair and skin for shaving, products, tools and equipment etc…
- The types of blades available
- Weight distribution and working with the natural growth patterns of the hair, cutting angles and resulting weight distribution, balance and the degree of graduation
You will achieve:
- IFA Barbering Apprenticeship
- End Point Assessment
- If required: Functional Skills (English, Maths)
Next steps… Some Apprentices go into employment working in a barbers, hair salon or independently.
- Entry Requirements
Every employer is different and therefore the entry requirements can vary. As a guide you ideally need GCSE grade4 or above in English and Maths. However, we will work with you and provide additional support in order to help you achieve the functional skills element or GCSE requirements of the Apprenticeship. Support can be delivered either prior to your Apprenticeship via a traineeship or during the delivery of your programme.
We have fantastic commercial hair salons, beauty clinics, theatrical make-up studios and Spa. You will have the opportunity to train in the faculties brand new showcase salon Zeal @ Exeter College all at the Laurence Building on our Hele Road site. All our students experience a busy commercial environment, H2B professional treatments are available to visitors from all over the southwest. Learning resource centres also provide students with access to the internet as well as specialist information to support them during their studies.
- Additional Costs
Organized trips/workshops and you will need to purchase kit, uniform and text book.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.