What is it like to study this course and how will I be assessed?
This course is run
- 17:00-18:30, Mondays at the new Dance Studio at the Sports Hall, off Queen Street.
- 18:45-20:15, Mondays at the new Dance Studio at the Sports Hall, off Queen Street.
- 17:00-18:30, Tuesdays at the new Dance Studio at the Sports Hall, off Queen Street.
Find inner peace as well as physical and mental wellbeing with this traditional yoga practice incorporating physical postures, breathing exercises, meditation practice and deep relaxation.
As this is a personal practice you will be encouraged to set your own goals and reflect on your practice throughout the course with ongoing feedback from the tutor as appropriate.
Students should wear loose or stretchy clothing and bring socks/jumpers or blankets to keep warm during relaxation.
There are further dates throughout the year - please contact us for information or visit the website again from September 2019.
Throughout the course you will learn a range of practices including:
- Preliminary exercises to warm up the joints
- Asana (physical postures)
- Standing, seated, supine and prone
- Balances and inversions
- Flowing sequences
- Pranayama (breathing exercises)
- Meditation and mindfulness techniques
- Mudra (energetic seals)
- Mantra (phrases to focus the mind)
- Relaxation techniques
The course will give you an insight into the philosophy underpinning this ancient practice as well as general anatomy and physiology.