What is it like to study this course and how will I be assessed?
This course is for complete beginners who want to improve their practical skills using everyday tools found in the home - for example battery drills, saws, tape measures, spirit levels. The aim is to make and take home a set wooden project such as a garden tray, bird box, bird feeder or garden planter.
*This course has now run for this term - please check back in June for future dates.*
• Introduction to aims of course
• Workshop health and safety
• Individual learning plans (ILP’s)
• Identifying and safe usage of different woodwork hand tools
• Identifying parts and safe usage of a battery drill
• Identifying different types of fixings
• Plan and make at least one wooden project
• Finishing techniques and recapping on course aims.