What is it like to study this course and how will I be assessed?
The Apprenticeship is ideal you are keen to support and coach young people in a school or educational environment and will ensure you become a valued member of the team within the Physical Education departments of schools or colleges. You will be responsible for the development of high quality physical activity sessions for children.
What topics will I study?
• Receive training to ensure you can facilitate community-based sport and physical activity
• Understand how to deliver Physical Education and school sport programmes with clear curriculum links and progression
• Research how schools operate and how physical activity influences education
• Provide Key Stage 1 and 2 pupils with a better experience/engagement of Physical Education and school sport activities
• Be able to ensure Physical Education and school sport activity programmes (including curricular and extracurricular activities) are delivered to meet the low risk areas of the National Curriculum for Physical Education
What experiences will I get?
You will benefit from links with companies across Devon and gain invaluable skills within industry.
What are the entry requirements?
Every employer is different and therefore the entry requirements can vary. As a guide you ideally need GCSE grade 3 or above in English and maths and in some cases ICT. However, we will work with you and provide additional support in order to help you achieve the functional skills element or GCSE requirements of the Apprenticeship. Support can be delivered either prior to your Apprenticeship via a traineeship or during the delivery of your programme.
You need to be employed and have a keen interest in physical activity and sport and working with children and young people in all types of indoor and outdoor environments.
What facilities are there?
You will have access to a fully equipped gym, learning centre and cafe.
What can the course lead on to?
This Apprenticeship will help you sustain employment in a Physical Education department in a school or college or you could go on to further studies.
Are there any additional costs?
What support can I get?
You will have a dedicated Skills Officer who you can contact at any time. They will visit you in the workplace every 10 weeks to carry out a progress review with you and your employer.
What will this training cost me?
This can vary depending on the age of the Apprentice and the size of an organisation. Please contact a Training and Recruitment Advisor on 01392 400800 for more information.