What is it like to study this course and how will I be assessed?
This Apprenticeship allows individuals to become an Electrical, Mechanical or Process Control Technician. Apprentices will undertake installation, servicing, maintenance, repair and effective operation of equipment, as a part of planned preventative and reactive maintenance programmes. They will be responsible for the quality of their own work and ensure all projects are completed safely, meeting stakeholder standards, time and budget requirements, whilst maintaining the efficient running of equipment.
What topics will I study?
Topics will include:
• Principles relating to the operation and maintenance of appropriate plant and equipment
• Relevant industry health and safety standards with environmental and regulatory requirements
• Engineering theories and principles relative to Apprentices occupation
• Locate and rectify faults on plant and equipment
• Communicate with stakeholders
• Read, understand and interpret information and work in compliance with technical specifications
• Inspect and maintain appropriate plant and equipment to meet operational requirements
• Assess and test the performance and condition of plant and equipment
• Communicate, handover and confirm that the appropriate engineering process has been completed to specification
What experiences will I get?
You will benefit from links with companies across Devon and gain invaluable skills within industry.
What are the entry requirements?
Learners should ideally have English and Maths GCSE’s at Grade C/4 and above.
What facilities are there?
Apprentices have access to all facilities across college. These include the college Learning Resource Centres and the College Gym. Engineering Apprentices also have full use of our new state of the art Technology Centre facilities and workshops.
What can the course lead on to?
Completion of this programme can lead to a Level 4 HNC Engineering Apprenticeship.
Are there any additional costs?
What support can I get?
You will have a dedicated Skills Officer who you can contact at any time. They will visit you in the workplace every 10 weeks to carry out a progress review with you and your employer.
What will this training cost me?
This can vary depending on the age of the Apprentice and the size of an organisation. There will be no cost to the Apprentice.