What is it like to study this course and how will I be assessed?
The Higher Level Health and Social Care Apprenticeship is specifically designed for learners already working in an Adult Social Care role and may be in a team leader, assistant manager or manager position.
What topics will I study?
Topics will include:
• Understand professional management and leadership in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
• Work in partnership in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
• Advanced communication skills
• Personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
• Equality and diversity in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
• Facilitate person centred assessment to support wellbeing of individuals
• Facilitate support planning to ensure positive outcomes for individuals and to support well being
• Understand personalisation in care and support services
• Health and safety in health and social care settings
• Professional practice in health and social care for adults or children and young people
• Develop, maintain and use records and reports
• Understand safeguarding and protection in health and social care settings
What experiences will I get?
You will benefit from links with companies across Devon and gain invaluable skills within industry.
What are the entry requirements?
Learners ideally need to have Maths and English GCSE at grade C/4 or equivalent and extensive work place experience.
What facilities are there?
Apprentices have access to all facilities across college. These include the college Learning Resource Centres and the College Gym.
What can the course lead on to?
When completed, this Apprenticeship can lead to a degree in Adult Nursing or a further a career in the healthcare sector.
Are there any additional costs?
What support can I get?
You will have a dedicated Skills Officer who you can contact at any time. They will visit you in the workplace every 10 weeks to carry out a progress review with you and your employer.
What will this training cost me?
This can vary depending on the age of the Apprentice and the size of an organisation. There will be no cost to the Apprentice.