What is it like to study this course and how will I be assessed?
A Leisure Team Member Apprentice will support, enhance and deliver the day-to-day operations and services of a leisure / fitness facility. You will work as part of a team and undertake a range of operational duties, such as assisting with the opening and closing of the facility, undertaking routine maintenance of equipment, and maintaining the cleanliness and safety of the environment.
• Learn coaching and motivational techniques such as how to plan for group activity sessions
• Lead group activity sessions and adapt to variations in ability
• Develop your communication skills to effectively work within a team
• Ensure you understand relevant Health and Safety regulations and that they are put into place
• Learn to effectively use IT including front of house systems, social media and digital channels
• Learn the skills and knowledge needed to be a lifeguard