What is it like to study this course and how will I be assessed?
This qualification allows Apprentices to progress and recognise a more senior role in their hospitality and catering career and to gain a formal Diploma in Hospitality Management. The qualification is for those who wish to work in the hospitality industry either as a Senior Supervisor, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Front of House Manager or Food and Beverage Manager.
What topics will I study?
Topics will include...
• Managing the performance of teams and individuals.
• Work as part of a hospitality management team to achieve strategic goals.
• Manage compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements in hospitality.
• Manage a team meeting.
• Determine market opportunities for hospitality services.
• Maximise sales and profit from hospitality
• Manage the production and presentation of menus.
• Manage arrivals and departures of guests to maximise revenues.
• Implement and manage housekeeping procedures in hospitality.
• Manage the organisation of the food and beverage service area.
What experiences will I get?
You will benefit from links with companies across Devon and gain invaluable skills within industry.
What are the entry requirements?
• Professional NVQ or VRQ’s in hospitality at level 3.
• Relevant work performance within the industry.
• GCSE or equivalent at grade C/4 in English and maths.
• Relevant work experience that demonstrates strong performance within the industry.
What facilities are there?
Apprentices have access to all facilities across college. These include the college Learning Resource Centres and the College Gym. In particular, hospitality Apprentices have access to purpose built kitchens and restaurant.
What can the course lead on to?
This programme allows a learner to progress into a career in hospitality management or onto study hospitality management at higher levels.
Are there any additional costs?
What support can I get?
You will have a dedicated Skills Officer who you can contact at any time. They will visit you in the workplace every 10 weeks to carry out a progress review with you and your employer.
What will this training cost me?
This can vary depending on the age of the Apprentice and the size of an organisation. There will be no cost to the Apprentice.