What is it like to study this course and how will I be assessed?
Level 3 Paediatric First Aid is a theoretical and practical course covering unit 1 and unit 2 of paediatric first aid. The course satisfies the guidelines and criteria as defined by Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and Ofsted. It is suitable for those working with children either as a volunteer or in employment and parents.
• Responsibilities and reporting • Resuscitation • Anaphylaxis
• Dealing with an unresponsive casualty • Wounds and bleeding • Shock
• Assessment of the situation • Minor injuries • Epilepsy
• Choking • Infection control • First Aid equipment
• Recovery position
• Head injuries • Sickle cell anaemia • Asthma
• Fractures and spinal injuries • Diabetes • Heat and cold
• Febrile convulsions • Foreign bodies • Bites and stings
• Ear, eye and nose injuries • Burns and scalds • Poisoning
• Electrical injuries • Meningitis