What is it like to study this course and how will I be assessed?
This course is suitable for people progressing in their career in the sector who want to gain a meaningful work related, competency based qualification. This is primarily for those working in a senior position a face-to-face role with service users.
This is a competency based course recognising your ability to gain a good knowledge and understanding of a subject and to perform varied tasks in your workplace. All of your knowledge work will be assessed by assignments and your practice will be assessed in your workplace by a range of methods including observations in line with the requirements of the City & Guilds of London Institute. You will be supported by your Skills officer to build an electronic portfolio of evidence.
*Course dates are:-
- 18th September 2017 to the 17th September 2019.
- 15th January 2018 to the 14th January 2020.
- 16th April 2018 to the 15th October 2020.
**This course is eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan. Click here for further information.
You will undertake four core units which are listed below together with a further 10 core units and choice of optional units dependent on your professional pathway.
- Promote communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Promote equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Principles for implementing duty of care in health, social care and young people’s settings