What is it like to study this course and how will I be assessed?
This Apprenticeship in Civil Engineering is for those wanting to develop a career in the Civil Engineering sector. The Apprenticeship is for those who currently hold a level 3 in Civil Engineering and wish to progress and upgrade their qualification to an HNC.
What topics will I study?
Topics will include:
• Design principles and application for Construction and the Built Environment
• Group project in the Construction Industry
• Science and materials for Construction and Built Environment
• Applied Mathematics for Construction and the Built Environment
• Civil Engineering Technology
• Engineering Geology and Soil Mechanics
• Structural Analysis and Design
• Site Surveying Procedures for Construction and the Built Environment
What experiences will I get?
You will benefit from links with companies across Devon and gain invaluable skills within industry.
What are the entry requirements?
Apprentices are required to have GCSE English and Maths at grade C/4 or equivalent as well as a level 3 or advanced qualification in Civil Engineering.
What facilities are there?
Apprentices have access to all facilities across college. These include the college Learning Resource Centres and the College Gym. In particular, Construction Apprentices have access to our purpose built construction centre in Sowton.
What can the course lead on to?
This course will launch you directly into the workplace and provides an excellent way to build your career and progress to further training or full time work. Apprentices can also progress onto the level 5 HND Apprenticeship in Civil Engineering.
Are there any additional costs?
What support can I get?
You will have a dedicated Skills Officer who you can contact at any time. They will visit you in the workplace every 10 weeks to carry out a progress review with you and your employer.
What will this training cost me?
This can vary depending on the age of the Apprentice and the size of an organisation. There will be no cost to the Apprentice.