What is it like to study this course and how will I be assessed?
This is a competency based course recognising your ability to gain a good knowledge and understanding of a subject and to perform varied tasks in your workplace. You will be observed and you will also be completing assignments. The purpose of this qualification is to guide and assess the development of knowledge and skills relating to the health workforce. This qualification confirms competence in a range of clinical healthcare support skills.
What will I be doing on the course/training?
The NHS is recognised as the largest employer in Europe. The diplomas in Health are the benchmark qualifications, covering eight specialist pathways and forming the basis for career and workforce development in the health services. This qualification is primarily for those working in a face-to-face role with patients. To achieve the Level 2 Diploma in Clinical Healthcare Support, learners must achieve 29 credits from the 11 mandatory units and a minimum of 21 credits from the optional units available.
Course dates are:-
- 18th September 2017 to the 17th September 2018.
- 15th January 2018 to the 14th January 2019.
- 16th April 2018 to the 15th October 2019.
Telephone: 01392 400577
Examples of Mandatory units include:
• Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
• Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
• Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
• Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
• The principles of infection prevention and control
• Causes and spread of infection