What is it like to study this course and how will I be assessed?
There are practical and theoretical classes which will help you develop a portfolio of evidence for verification. There is some case study/assignment work. Your practical skills are developed on fellow students - once a level of competence is reached clients are to be used for assessment. You will be assessed practically, theoretically and orally in all areas. Testimonials may be required as evidence in some cases. Complete portfolios are verified and should include assessment books, case studies, projects and theoretical papers. All units are externally assessed by on-line knowledge papers or assignments.
You will study the following:
· Provide facial skin care
· Provide eyelash and eyebrow treatments
· Remove hair using waxing techniques
· Provide manicure treatment
· Provide pedicure treatment
· Apply make-up treatment
· Create an image with a hair and beauty theme
· Follow health and safety practices of the salon
· Promote products and services
· Working in beauty related industries
· Salon reception duties
· Client care and communication