What is it like to study this course and how will I be assessed?
This Intermediate Apprenticeship in Bench Joinery offers a practical approach and a solid platform for anyone wishing to start a career as a joiner within the construction industry. This Apprenticeship provides an excellent way to begin your career and progress to further training.
What topics will I study?
Topics will include:
• Building methods and constructive technology
• Setting up and operate a circular saw
• Producing setting out details for routine bench / architectural joinery products
• Marking out from setting out details for routine bench / architectural joinery products
• Manufacturing routine bench / architectural joinery products
• Setting up and using transportable cutting and shaping machines
• Produce setting out details for routine joinery products
• Mark out from setting out details for routine joinery products
• Manufacture routine joinery products
What experiences will I get?
You will benefit from links with companies across Devon and gain invaluable skills within industry.
What are the entry requirements?
Apprentices are required to have GCSE English and Maths at grade C/4 or equivalent.
What facilities are there?
What can the course lead on to?
Successful completion of this programme can lead to progression into the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Bench Joinery.
Are there any additional costs?
You will need safety boots, overalls and recommended text books.
What support can I get?
You will have a dedicated Skills Officer who you can contact at any time. They will visit you in the workplace every 10 weeks to carry out a progress review with you and your employer.
What will this training cost me?
This can vary depending on the age of the Apprentice and the size of an organisation. There will be no cost to the Apprentice.