What is it like to study this course and how will I be assessed?
This Advanced Apprenticeship in Bench Joinery offers a practical approach and a solid platform for anyone wishing to further develop their career as a joiner. This Apprenticeship provides an excellent way to progress within the construction industry and build on experience gained at Level 2. This Apprenticeship would suit those looking for a supervisory role within the Bench Joinery profession.
What topics will I study?
Topics will include:
• Confirm the occupational method of work
• Produce setting out details for routine products
• Mark out cutting details for routine products
• Manufacture routing products
• Manufacture complex shaped products
• Set up and use fixed or transportable machinery
• Produce complex shaped product details
• Produce CAD setting out details
• Manufacture complex shaped joinery products
• Produce complex shaped joinery product details
What experiences will I get?
You will benefit from links with companies across Devon and gain invaluable skills within industry.
What are the entry requirements?
Learners ideally need to have Maths and English GCSE at grade C/4 or equivalent and must have completed a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Bench Joinery.
What facilities are there?
What can the course lead on to?
This course will launch you directly into the workplace and provides an excellent way to build your career and progress to further training or full time work.
Are there any additional costs?
You will need safety boots, overalls and recommended text books.
What support can I get?
You will have a dedicated Skills Officer who you can contact at any time. They will visit you in the workplace every 10 weeks to carry out a progress review with you and your employer.
What will this training cost me?
This can vary depending on the age of the Apprentice and the size of an organisation. There will be no cost to the Apprentice.