What is it like to study this course and how will I be assessed?
This course is for competent AutoCAD users who want to investigate their 3D abilities, either to progress at work or for their own understanding. Students will need to have already achieved the 7689-05 (2D CAD Level 3) and want to progress into 3D CAD.
The majority of the course is hands on and you will work at your own pace using a series of prepared workbook style methods: these will include all of the necessary elements required to successfully achieve each task. Your tutor is there at all times to guide and support your learning.
You will have your own computer in a well-equipped modern CAD room within Exeter College’ Technology Centre.
During the build up activities you will be assessed by continual task completion which will be marked with written feedback.
You will then be given two timed practical assignments which will test competence against the scheme criteria.
When all drawing is completed and assessed, you will then be required to complete a short written question and answer paper based test which covers the knowledge requirements as mentioned in the previous section.
On completion of this course you will:
- Be able to use a CAD workstation safely
- Be able to set the 3D modelling environment
- Be able to construct and edit 3D surface models
- Be able to construct and edit a 3D solid model
- Be able to apply commands to manipulate a 3D model
- Be able to apply commands to view 3D models in a variety of display formats
- Be able to output a 3D model drawing layout