Exeter College offers over 40 A Level subjects in traditional GCSE subjects like Maths, Biology, English and History as well as new subjects like Psychology, Law and Film Studies. Most students choose 3 or 4 A Level subjects in the first year (AS Level) and then continue with 3 into the second year (A2 Level). There are exams and coursework throughout the course.
Any A Level subject can be combined, though we will advise you if we think the combination you choose may make it difficult for you to succeed. A Levels can also be studied alongside a BTEC Level 3 Certificate.
Please note, A Levels are currently subject to a Government review – please keep checking the website for up to date information.
Are you thinking of progressing to one of the Russell Group Universities? Click here to visit the Russell Group 'Informed Choices' guide to help you choose the right A Levels.
Potential progression options for courses in this subject area include:
- Our A Level students have progressed on to a wide range of degree courses both in the UK and abroad
- 17 students received offers from Oxford and Cambridge Universities in 2014.
- Last year 167 students progressed on to a Russell Group University.
Did you know?
- Last year 217 students progressed on to a Russell Group university, which include the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge.
- Our A Level students have progressed on to a wide range of degree courses both in the UK and abroad.
Of the 900 A Level students who took A levels last summer at the college:
- Almost half gained grades A*, A or B across a wide range of subjects.
- 30 out of 39 subjects recorded a 100% pass rate.
- 61% of Maths students gained A*, A or B grades